Sunday 7 March 2010

5 out of 5 Yesterday

Amazingly I got 5 out of 5 for my bets yesterday, although I forgot to post the FA Cup pick up on my blogabet. Let's hope that's a sign of things to come. The injury-time Arshavin goal made the real difference, turning two losers into winners,

Going to look at two Premiership matches next, firstly the only Sunday Premiership game as Everton take on Hull City. Everton have been in fantastic form recentley beating both Chelsea and Man Utd at Goodison Park. On the other hand you've got Hull who have only managed four points away from home all season. On paper you'd say all things point towards a home win, I would normally go for Everton on one of the Asian Handicaps here but I fancy it may be closer than expected with Everton without Saha and numerous others doubtful. But I'm still confident Everton will win, I don't like taking shortish odds usually but I'm reasonable happy to take the 2/5 on Everton in this one.

Everton v Hull City tip:
Everton @ 1.40 (Various)

The Monday night game sees Liverpool take on Wigan. Liverpool have got into the very desirable habit of winning games without ever really hitting top gear. Last week's game against Blackburn was a classic example, it might be said they weren't even the best team in the game. But if you can keep it tight at the back there's always a good chance that either Gerrard and Torres are going to produce something going forward. Wigan are struggling infront of goal a lot recentley, no more so than in the last game against Bimringham were they missed a number of good chances. Liverpool's defense started the season poorly by their standards conceding a lot of goals but they look a lot stronger at the back in recent games and have conceded only two goals in the last five league away games. A big part of that has been the impressive form of Pepe Reina in the Liverpool goal, who doesn't get the recognication he deservers, he's in my opinion the best keeper in the league. All things being considered I think Liverpool will win this one and I think Wigan will struggle to score against Liverpool's strong defense.


Liverpool v Wigan tips:
Liverpool to win to nill @ 2.60 (Boylesport)
Under 2.5 goals @ 1.78 (Betfair)

No comments:

Post a Comment