Thursday 11 February 2010

An Introduction

Hello there and welcome to my blog, I'm currentley 20 years old so you would think that would mean I'd be reasonably inexperienced in the world of betting in general. I would however strongly disagree, I've always had a strong interest in sports and with me currently studying maths and finance I feel that with the two elements combined I should be able to make a profit betting on sports.

I'm particularly focused on two sports, football and horse racing although it isn't uncommon for me to bet on other sports. The past two years (2008 & 2009) have resulted in losses due to betting, they do say you find out more about yourself when you lose than when you win. It was often silly late night bets on sports I knew little about that got me into trouble. I'll engage in more detailed figures about the previous years and this years performance soon but for now I just wanted to get the blog up and started.

I collect together my bets using a number of different sources using a number of different methods. The majority of my football bets tend to be based on my own opinion, I also like long-term bets on such things as league winners. I mostly focus on the Prmeier League since it's the legaue I know best. My horse racing bets come from a systemtic approach largely evolved around Adrian Massey's fantastic ratings.

No comments:

Post a Comment