Sunday 12 September 2010

Crazy weekend of football and my awful week comes to an end

Whilst I watch a lot of football from a betting point of view it still provides us all with some of the best entertainment and drama that is unrivalled to anything else, which is part of the reason I enjoy it so much. Saturday's lunch-time game between Everton and Man Utd being a key example of that with Everton coming from 3-1 behind in injury time to score two goals and level the game at 3-3. I had Everton (+0.75) as one of my bets this weekend and I couldn't help but raise a smile as the usual sound Man United defense crumbled late on.

Arteta completes Everton's unlikely comeback

Elsewhere in The Championship Burnley went one better than Everton by coming back to win from 3-1 behind after Preston were reduced to ten men. Even Barcelona lost in La Liga this weekend, crazy, crazy happenings.

Back to my betting adventures, I say adventure but it feels more like I've taken a blow from Audley Harrison or David Haye (who announced their bout this week) as my betting profits have been eaten into quite badly. Some ill-discipline from me in earlier this week which prompted my last blog entry cost me a decent amount and my horse racing laying system which I've been running since May as comeback down to just about break-even after being over £1,000 in profit at the end of August. Aggressive staking as it's part to play but also the selections have just been ermm winning instead of not winning I guess. I could keep with my aggressive staking plan but a continued bad run would start to wipe out my remaining profit I've achieved this year. Instead I've decided to lower my stakes and use a set % of my bank total for my staking per selection. Below is a screenshot of my Betfair account P/L for the last week, as I say partly due to poor system performance but also due to poor discipline on my behalf. Nice to put it on my blog as a visual reminder to keep patient and don't go trading on Betfair when that's not my strength!

Oh Dear!


No comments:

Post a Comment