Sunday 3 April 2011

Bit more like it

Proud to say another successful week with me netting a profit of £281.98 in my attempt to claw back the loss for the year overall. Horse racing bets going well enough once again, can't really complain there. Football was a little hit and miss this week although my "trading" is going along a lot better at present.

Now that's what I call trading!

By no means my biggest weekly profit on Betfair but probably the happiest I've been with my trading plan so far. I've tried to avoid in-play trading for the time being and focus on trading before the matches. Involves putting a lot of bets up a few days before the games, after all the markets are all open and you can get matched at some good prices for trading. My policy of in-play trading now seems a bit foolish because it's much more high-risk in my view. At least when not in-play you can't get "caught out" by a goal being scored. It's a simple matter of putting bets in at what you think is a good price and at which you can trade for profit. As soon as bets are matched simply put in another bet to trade out for either one or two tick profit, or maybe accept a loss or go for more than two ticks depending on the situation. Good thing about trading is you don't have to predict the outcome of the game or race in question, we all like to think we know what's going to happen next but we can never be sure. Trading offers the advantage of being able to hedge your position depending on how the market is shaping. Does interest me quite a lot trading and it seems I'm at least doing the basic rights at present and getting market moves in my direction in most cases to secure a profit. £8.74 profit with a bank of only around £40 is pretty good going in my view. I've spread my entire bank over numerous markets each day and then it's a simple matter of monitoring and checking up on these bets and then trading out.

1 comment:

  1. If you want to join the best sports-betting blogs directory just send an email to a bettingboop@gmail.com or or just change links with www.betting-boop.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete