Friday 8 April 2011

The Grand National

The Grand National is the one race of the year where even the most risk averse person may part with a few quid on a horse. Probably the same for many but my introduction to horse racing was through this race, remember picking out my horse from the paper pullout on Saturday morning purely on on the basis of "the nicest colour jockey kit or funny name". I remember doing this from about the age of 6 maybe 7 right up until I was able to place the bets myself. Quite ironic I find that probably the most difficult race to call of the year is the most punted on. Done a little ante-post trading on a few selections I liked, also got big greens (+£100) on outsides Cheif Dan George and Kilyglen. Get a profit of at least £20.13 regardless of outcome although like to pick out two and have £5 e/w bets, which will be basically free bets due to my ante-post trading


Grand National ante-post market

Not actually full decided on my bets for the race yet although Oscar Time will probably be one of my E/W selections as I fancy him out of the ones at the top of the market. Probably pick an interesting outside for my other E/W bet. Best of luck everyone and I hope all horses and jockeys manage to come home in one piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment