Saturday 2 July 2011

End of June Update

This update is a bit like a massive pile of dirty plates in the sink, you know at some point your going to have to clean them up but it doesn't make the job anymore enjoyable. So here's me dishing the dirt. The full extent of the damage was a loss to the tune of £2,271.20 which is well rather painful to say the least. It even managed to beat my personnel worst of February this year, which was some achievement if I remember how badly February turned out.

To say I've become a bit disillusioned with betting at present may be going a bit far. But I appear to have lost that little bit of enthusiasm for the game at present. I've cut back on my systems and staking now, so it is nigh-on impossible for me to have such a big loss over the course of a month now. In contrast that means I'm not likely to be able to make any big monthly profit figures.

The also brings up the mid-point in the year, with six months down and only six remaining. At the conclusion of this week I shall draw up a graph plotting the 26 weekly P/L figures, should make an interesting visual but won't do anything to hide the fact that my betting adventures have took a serious setback this year. At the moment I've been spending a bit more time trading on Betfair, I'm still alive just from my initial £100 challenge, been down to as low as £5 and £10 on numerous occasions. Back to £5 again recently but I've managed to build it back up to £9 with numerous small trades over the past week or so. When I'm trading like that it's not so much the monetary gain but the fun and challenge of trading, using your skill (or lack of as it may be) to take on other exchange users across the world. There's something sort of magnificent and appealing in that I find. I might be only winning pennies at a time but the experience is the most important thing (or so I'm told). Of course experience alone won't win your anything in the long-term but it should certainly improve your chances of discovering a successful method of trading.

1 comment:

  1. CentSports is the most awesomest free sports book evar online. So, if you don't have an account, freaking sign up already. Skeptical? Have a look around. It's legit. Sweet deal.
    Sports Betting

    ReplyDelete