Monday 25 July 2011

It's not getting any better

Things seem to be going from bad to worse at the moment. My discipline has wavered probably as a result of the previous poor weeks and the knowledge that I'm so far behind this year. Got into some real bad situations this week where I was simply over-staking despite me knowing perfectly well what I'm doing is wrong. Sort of my mind telling me to do one thing but hand doing something completely different when it comes to placing bets.

Decided that this week I'm taking a break from it all. At the moment I'm not enjoying gambling at all, plus I need to seriously re-think some of my strategies. Hopefully a week away from it all may help me recover my love for gambling and hopefully means I come back afresh for the start of the new football season.

My next post will be the end of July one, which isn't going to be a pleasant one.

Time to do some soul searching as they say. Got a few thing lined up in terms of job applications to sort out this week also. I don't think that praying on my mind as helped my gambling too much. At the moment I'd love nothing better than to find a decent job on good pay and then gambling can go back to being my part-time hobby as oppose to my full-time worry at present.

2 comments:

  1. I'm very sorry to hear about this trying period in your betting endeavours. If I were in your position I would hope I could maintain my discipline, but it would be extremely difficult.

    One philosophy I try to ingrain within myself is that if I think about making stupid staking mistakes, like double staking or loss-chasing, then even if the bet pays off monetarily, I've still lost because my discipline has been broken. This has helped prevent me from making any such mistakes so far.

    One staking method I use to help relieve the psychological burden of this game is simply to withdraw 50% of all my profits per system at a specified date each month. This helps me maintain my discipline in a few ways. It allows my to pay off my initial investment slowly, it helps protect against the possibility of a future catastrophic run (which is ALWAYS possible, no matter how strong your system), and it allows me to feel that the month's hard work has been worth something and will not be totally destroyed by subsequent losing months. I was wary of using this method originally as I thought it was too conservative for someone trying to build their betting banks up, but I swear by it now. Would I have earned more profit by not withdrawing per month? It's possible, I'm not really sure, but psychologically it would have been far more difficult which might have destabilized my betting strategies.

    Take a break, if that's what's needed Denman. Leave it until you're settled in a new job, and come back part-time if that'd be better for you. You must've learned a lot of lessons in the time you've been betting, which will surely stand you in good stead for the future.

    Wishing you good luck in the coming months and years.

    Craig

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for you words Craig. Withdrawing so money each month sounds like a good plan. I've got my plans for the future in my end of July Update (should be up so). I've reduced my system staking back even further.

    Discipline is a word often thrown around but it is so true. Without good discipline and mindset you'll never win at this gambling business.

    ReplyDelete