Sunday 16 January 2011

Busy day, busy week

Apologies for not updating at all this week. Main reason is I've been rather busy both on a betting front and with me being back at university for my final semester. Today was particularly busy, I say busy if you can call watching football busy that is. Three live games on Sky Sports starting from 12pm almost non-stop till 6pm, and then there was the NFL play-offs which are actually still going on as I speak. Whilst watching all that I had to place all my bets for the day and just now I've been updating all my records to work out my P/L for the week (week two of the year).

My horse racing bets have been rather mixed this week, but it's my betfair trading on football that contributes a large portion of this week's unfortunate loss. The total loss for this week came to £313.39, which is obviously not great but I can't help but feel I've been a bit unlucky with some of my bets this week. Ben Foster's howler cost me in the Carling Cup tie midweek when I'd put in a good lay of West Ham after Birmingham equalised I thought. Instead of looking at a profit of around £40 for a draw or a Birmingham win I ended up having to accept a loss of around £100. One little moment like that can make a big change in your overall P/L figures. I did however play some other game including Asian Cup games and my trading was poor I thought, and I made further loss on some of those game.

Got lots of University assignments and work to be doing next week, so even if I wanted to do I don't think I'll have much time for trading. Think it's best I take a little time away from it, that being said in the last few days I've reduced my stakes and have begun to put in better trades. Decided to avoid the under/over goal markets where possible because that's where I often come unstuck.

Halfway through January already, one superb week, one poor week hopefully I'll have two good weeks to finish January with a nice profit. A lot will rely on my horse racing bets to determine whether that will be the case or not. I'm not to disheartened by this week like I've said before bad weeks happen it's the overall picture that matters.

Bit of a shocker this week

No comments:

Post a Comment