Sunday 23 January 2011

Week Three Update

End of the third week of my betting year and I'm glad to say it went okay. Ended the week in a nice profit of +£336.16, which sort of cancels out my last week's loss plus a little extra to take my cumulative profit for the year to a new high.

Majority of the profit again came from my horse racing bets which seem to be consistent in performance so far this year. Especially encouraging is the fact that the best months of the year are still to go and not all my systems are operational yet. My football betting once again has been a bit of a mix bag, been trying trades with small amounts on Betfair just to try out various techniques on the football in-play. Betfair P/L for the week however is only small, although there was quite a lot of up and downs during the week with a few outright bets thrown in there as well. My Premier League bets were rather shocking this week I must admit, some bad picks and some others were just plain unlucky. Was on Man City to win, as well as a laying Aston Villa on Betfair in that game. Not quite sure how Man City managed to lose that one to be honest, I stand by the fact that there was huge value on the Man City win and indeed in laying Aston Villa. Just seems at times that everything is against you, especially when the ball skims of a players backside and hits the post and then City's £27million striker misses a header from about 2 yards out. Just have to accept that these sort of things can happen, however annoying they might be.

I've decided on quite a simple plan for my Betfair account from now. I've withdrawn all my money but £50, and I've decided to set aside just £100 to use for my trading experiment as it is. I'll start with the £50 and allow myself to top-ups of £25, should my bank drop below say £10. I've limited my account to a maximum £25 deposit also, to fit in with this. My other plan is to withdrawn half of any profit made at the end of each week. For every £50 profit I withdraw (probably optimistic) I gain one extra top-up of £25. Think this plan suits my style more as I seem more focused when my balance is reasonably low in monetary terms whereas having a large bank often causes me to be reckless. This will sort of be my last chance at trading properly, If I blow this £100 I will no longer use Betfair for trading at least. I shall update my progress in the sidebar on this sort of £100 to ??? challenge on Betfair.

Elsewhere I notice the Australian Open has been going in the early hours of the morning. Can't say I've watched too much of it myself. But I hear Maria Sharapova just got knocked out in the fourth round, I'll take any excuse to post a picture of the lovely Ms. Sharapova.

...Don't worry, I still love you Maria

No comments:

Post a Comment