Sunday 9 January 2011

Pretty good week as it turns out

Bit of a reversal on my previous post, my horse racing bets went into nice profits after a couple of nice priced winners over the weekend. Whilst my football bets went into a loss overall, got caught out trying to trade football again unfortunately. I'm proud to say the week running from 3rd January upto today (9th January) as netted me a nice profit of £671.34. Very good start as it turns out, but still don't think it was a perfect week as my previous post indicates. I have upped my stakes regarding my horse racing bets and I'm glad to see that it paid dividends this weekend. Still think my trading needs improvement, although I am only playing with small amounts in comparison to my horse racing bets. I will try and improve my trading but as long as my horse racing bets are going well I should be able to turn over a decent profit. With the increased stakes of up to £100 a selection maybe a profit of £671.34 is slightly above average but I'm confident I'll have even better weeks later in the year, where I plan to increase my stakes further from March onwards. Although I'd more than happily take £670 a week from now until the end of the year, that would leave me very close to £35k profit mark. Which is very much dream world at present. but sort of puts just how good a week it was into perspective.

I mentioned new year targets but never new year resolutions as such. My personal non-gambling related resolutions involve the not so original trying to keep fit resolution. I'm not exactly over-weight but I do think I could be healthier, need to get using my own dumbbells and exercise mat as well as generally eating a little healthier. Amongst all things in your life, your health should always come first. Another one from me is to try and get out and about a little more, I'm not exactly a socialite and I usually prefer a day in watching the football or the races rather than venturing outside where it's often cold and miserable. Takes a lot of concentration to trade as well as sort all my bets out and I think more time out and away from the computer could do me good and help me clear my mind. That brings me nicely onto the subject of university, I start my final semester of my final year at Uni from tomorrow. I have enjoyed it to a degree (didn't mean that pun!) but it's more about the banter and social side of it that I enjoy. Can call me a snob if you like but I find the course incredibly easy, I haven't but my full effort behind my work, I'd say I'm running at 70% my potential or so on a lot of the work. The lectures are tedious to say the least also, usually end up learning more from the text books than the lectures to be honest. Could say it's foolish of me to take this attitude with my course but I feel happy enough with my overall grades (still possible for me to get a first if I do well in the final exams this year). Although I'd take making good profit in my gambling ventures over any type of degree any day. I do spend more time on my supposed "part-time" gambling than I do on my university work, which tells it's own story I suppose.

That also brings me onto the topic of disclosure about my betting. A lot of people know I bet, a few of my mates say I'm a wealth of information regarding betting, although I think they just think that because I'm good at maths. But I've told absolutely no one about the extent of my betting adventures. Don't know whether that's wise or not. Sometimes I'd just love to respond to someone asking what I did over the new year with a "I made £700 watching sports I love" comment. I still get accused of being lazy for not having a job at times, when the truth is I think I have a workload to compare with anyone if you include all the time spent analysing and watching sports for my bets as well as balancing my university work with that. Then again at other times I like to keep it quiet, I firmly believe people act differently if they know you have money in addition people tend to have a negative attitude towards people who gamble. Plus I don't really want to be known as the wannabee professional gambler. I'm happy being known as a lazy student for the time being at least. Although I'll have to approach the issue soon because I'm suppose to be job hunting very shorty but of course I'm still holding out hoping I can make it full-time with my gambling. Don't really like keeping secrets and I'm definitley going to correct that at some point, hopefully with news of good success in my gambling. I think that just about covers everything, promise all my weekly updates won't be this long.

To conclude a brilliant touchdown from the NFL here, do follow the NFL a little but obviously don't follow it as closely as I'd like (so many sports going on at the same time). Here's the team I support the Seattle Seahawks matching any FA Cup upset with a win over last year Super Bowl champions the New Orelans Saints. Amazing TD! and got to love the commentary.


No comments:

Post a Comment