Sunday 30 January 2011

Week Four Update

First of all might I add what a refreshing sight it was to see the lower league sides in Southampton, Huddersfield & Notts County put up brave battles against the top Premiership sides this weekend in the FA Cup. Never fails to amaze me how well some of these lower league teams play in these matches, they can't usually keep it up for 90 minutes but the fact that they can out play the teams in question at any stage is admirable in itself. There wasn't actually a "giant killing" as such but the teams can sure be proud of their effort, I was hoping one of the big teams would get knocked out if only for their arrogant approach of not playing their full strength side in this competition.

Back to my betting adventure. I'm proud to say another nicely profitable week to the tune of £497.04, my horse racing bets continue to do surprisingly well considering this time of the year, which usually isn't their strong suit. Meanwhile my Betfair £100 challenge as started promisingly enough netting a profit of £39.45 in my first week, may not sound so big but considering I started with a £50 starting balance, I think that amount is exceptional. Although I must admit the way in which I gained some of the profit was rather fortunate, still often find myself stuck between trading and outright bets. Did a few outright bets on today's cup games for a little interest for example but then again there's matches where I've been trading and ended up just letting bets run and ended up in a bit of trouble. So definitely still areas for improvement in my trading aspect but overall can't grumble too much with my first week performance of my challenge. I've updated the figures for this challenge in the sidebar.

My next update will be tomorrow, where I shall be rounding up the month of January. Only likely to be a few bets for Monday so if anyone's that dying to see my cumulative profit for the month they can simply add up the first four week totals I've posted up. Although I can say with confidence that the figure will make for very nice reading and was just the start to the year I was looking for.

Not exactly what a trader's P/L should like with a starting bank of £50

No comments:

Post a Comment