Tuesday 1 February 2011

End of January Update

Woah! the first month of the year has seemingly flown by and my P/L figure for the month of January is *enter drum roll*.... +£1,232.87.

Considering my entire profit for 2010 was just short of £1,600, this is a massive achievement to get over £1.2k profit in just one month! My decision to increase my stakes on my horse racing bets as thus far seemingly been a wise move. Suddenley my £10k vague target for the year doesn't seem so far-fetched. Carry on at this rate and my annual profit could be closer to £15k! Working out at roughly £280 a week, which isn't bad for my current "part-time" hobby.

Although I have to keep telling myself not to get carried away. Whilst I don't expect to incurr any losing months it is still possible to have a few bad weeks which could mean an underwhelming profit figure for a certain month or even in an extremely bad case a loss.

I'm quite happy with everything at the moment, I've got around £4k nesting in my various accounts. Don't need to hold all this money in thoose accounts but I prefer having decent amount in each account where possible so I can place my bets quickly and without fuss. Bar these gambling funds, I've also got a decent amount left in my bank account which more than covers my student spending needs at present.

My account balances at January month end

Elsewhere I thought it apt to put my new digital camera to use by taking a photograph of some money (don't think that's illegal, is it?). Can use this to go with my £100 challenge updates. But it's sometimes worth reflecting on the actual physical/material side of things I find. The idea of that can so easily get lost with simple figures on a screen, I always like having the physical cash in hand when I go to buy something rather than some piece of plastic you have to swipe around with.

Just need another 49,999 of these and I can buy myself a Fernando Torres.

No comments:

Post a Comment