Sunday 27 February 2011

Bottlers

I don't really like the use of the word "bottlers" but I'm sure it will be in full force after today's sporting events. I'll start with the Carling Cup and Arsenal v Birmingham, most people had Arsenal down to win but Birmingham's hard work and determination was enough for them to take the cup. Also I might add with a little help from Arsenal defence. Not so much bottling it I'd say more like the same situation repeating itself over and over again Arsenal's defence and goalkeeper has been a major problem for years now that has never been rectified. But I'd much rather say well done to Birmingham City, always nice to see the underdog triumph (well when you don't have any money on the favourites that is).

Next onto the cricket, woke up earlier than the norm on Sunday to settle down to watch this (no betting interest just purely as a England supporter). The game seemed to swing one way then the other, India looked totally in command but collapsed towards the end of their innings but still left England a massive total to chase down. England started their innings well and continued well through the mid-part of the innings and they looked like they where going to win at a canter when Strauss & Bell where at the crease. But in true English style the collapsed ensured leaving the tailenders with what seemed an unlikely 30+ from the last three overs. But remarkably in the last over with three balls to go England where back to favourites once again. The game ended on somewhat of an anti-climax with England knocking a single of the last ball to tie the game. A very nerve-racking game though, suppose you could call both teams "bottlers" to a certain extent but I'd much rather just say it was a great game of cricket between two top sides.

Anyway back to my betting, and this week was thankfully the final full month in February (hooray!). I recorded a loss of the week totalling £70.79, which nicely brings up my record of four straight losing week in February. At least I can't be called for not being consistent enough. Joking aside this week and the last have both been relatively small losses if I consider the size of stakes I'm playing with. It was the first two weeks of the month that really messed up my figures for the year. I'll post a full monthly round up of February either tomorrow or Tuesday, just a word of warning in advice it doesn't look to pretty unfortunately.

On a brighter here's my Betfair P/L for the week, managed to turn a profit but not exactly betting or trading exactly how i'd like to be. Remember I started betting with my last ever £100 I would deposist into Betfair.

No comments:

Post a Comment