Sunday 13 February 2011

A week to forget

Although to be fair calling this a week to forget is probably a bit of an under-statement. I blogged about my concerns during the week about my performance and if anything it got worse as the week went on. Just one of those weeks where everything I seemed to back just lost, or with all my horse racing bets finished 2nd. All my systematic bets as well as my own personal bets just couldn't find a winner at all, really shocking stuff. In hindsight maybe my staking was a little on the aggressive side especially considering a deemed January & February to be tricky months to contend with. I've taken the decision to reduce my stakes for the remainder of the month as I know the best moths of the year are still ahead of me. My bookmakers accounts that looked full all but two weeks ago look rather empty right now. Still got size able betting funds but no doubt about I took a huge hit this week.

Total damage = a loss of £1,686.68 for the week which equates to £240 a day, which in all honesty just makes it sound even worse. All the hard work of the previous five weeks seemingly gone with me now operating at a overall for the year. More worrying is probably the fact it's the third losing week out of six, which wasn't part of the plan at the beginning of the year.

Never liked the month of February at all, read somewhere that it is the most depressing month of the year and that doesn't surprise one bit. On a brighter note my Premier League asian handicap bets are seemingly go rather well this month with a 26pt profit to date. In contrast my betfair challenge also took a bit of a blow with me losing a large chunk of my bank on a french football match on Saturday night (silly staking in hindsight, clouded judgement after poor week maybe. Still in overall profit with that but again a size able loss for the week and it feels like I'm back to square one again with that a little. Also saddened to hear the tragic death of two racehorses at Newbury on Saturday. Whilst death amongst race horses is a somewhat unfortunate occurrence, the freak nature in which they died most have left owners and connections very upset, my thoughts are with them.

That saddening news just about sums up my totally crap week in fairness. Easy to let weeks like this psychologically effect you, but it's important to be strong-minded and look at the bigger picture. I firmly believe in my long-term plan and short-term hiccups like this one can happen and it's a simple matter of continuing with your action plan and the winners will come. (or at least I hope they will!).

1 comment:

  1. Hi Mate,

    Great blog. Any chance you could do a link swap with my blog?


    Cheers

    James

    ReplyDelete